WHAT'S NEW - Festival Death By Snake Bite

Festival Death May Have Been Caused By Snake Bite

The family of 20 year old festival-goer Callum Edwards, who died after attending the Beyond the Valley music festival, have said he died from a snake bite.

His brother, Liam Edwards, planned to meet him at the festival in Victoria on December 29.

However, before they could meet, Callum was transported to hospital in critical condition. He passed away three days later.

It was reported that he died from a suspected drug overdose after attending the festival, but Liam told the Herald Sun that it is possible his brother died from a tiger snake bite.

"Tiger snake venom was found in his system," said Liam.

Victoria police investigating the circumstances leading to Callum's death have commented that they are still preparing a report for the coroner, stating, "The circumstances surrounding his death are yet to be determined, however it is not being treated as suspicious."

The organisers of Beyond the Valley have yet to comment.