Our retained service can provide all your organisation’s H&S requirements or support your in-house safety team.
From policies and systems through to day to day advice and support, training and equipment, we have the range of service solutions to meet your needs.
Talk to us about a retainer package to suit your company or project.
The retained service includes:
Source of Competent H&S Advice:
- Use 1st Option Safety as your ‘source of competent H&S advice’ as required by H&S law and commissioning questionnaires from broadcasters
Online safety resources:
- A-Z of production, event and venue safety hazards and controls, regularly updated with the latest best practice and legal requirements and guidance. Invaluable for producing production risk assessments and for undertaking any production activity safely.
- Safety Forms and Checklists. Handy pre-prepared forms for risk assessment, accident reporting etc. Checklists to help with location recces, studio safety, filming in unusual locations such as schools, railways, or airports and unusual activities such as diving, flying or at sea.
- Database of pre-vetted contractors.
- Online risk assessment system. Produce, share and store expert risk assessments for any production activity.
- Hostile environment security reports and threat analysis.
Safety Advice Centre (New):
- Unlimited access for your team to our safety advice centre via phone and email for advice on any safety issues and risk assessment reviews. Available working hours and diverted to our duty safety adviser out of hours and at weekends.
- Priority access at reduced rates to onsite support for production recces and shoots, location and studio inspections, events or venues. Safety, security, medical and fire support available.
- Reduced price access to our online risk awareness and other safety courses
- Priority access and reduced rates for all other training: Safe Management of Productions, Fire Warden, Emergency First Aid at Work and Hostile Environment Training.
- Preferential rates on hire and purchase of safety equipment
- Storage, maintenance and management of client owned safety equipment
- Out our hours supply and delivery of equipment for short-notice assignments
Policy and Systems:
- Health and Safety Policy and Organisation and Arrangements tailored to your organisation
- Monitoring and reporting
- Updates on relevant changes to Health and Safety Law
- Assistance with accidents and incidents and dealing with enforcement authorities