This course is for facilities Managers, Health and Safety Coordinators or anybody who is responsible for safe management of facilities and offices.
Designed to give you a broad overview of the health & safety issues to be considered when managing safety in premises and offices, this course will explain why health and safety is needed and give practical methods of how it should be managed.
Learning Type: Interactive session utilising multimedia presentation, review of real life incidents, syndicate exercises, group participation and discussion.
Duration: 1 day
The course concentrates on the practical aspects of safely managing offices/premises. It will take you through an easy way of managing office/premises safety by using the premises safety file system:
- Legal Framework
- Risk Management and Hazard Identification
- Overview of key risks and hazard identification:
- Work at Height
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- Work Equipment
- Lifting Operations
- Control of Substances
- Manual Handling Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Legionnaires Disease
- Disaster Management
- Visitor Management
- Contractor Management and Assessment
- Application of risk management principles using real-life case study examples
- How to establish and maintain control through clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- The importance of monitoring and inspection
Aims & Objectives:
- A broad overview of the risk management issues to be considered including hazard identification, risk assessment and good health and safety management.
- To increase awareness and knowledge about the hazards present and legal implications involved with building management
- Understanding the need for communication and coordination with stakeholders and 3rd parties
- To provide information about the legal framework
Certificate of attendance will be issued upon request.