This course is for employees designated as workplace “First Aiders”. Concentrates on resuscitation skills and techniques to stabilise a casualty prior to the arrival of medical aid.
Learning Type: Interactive session utilising multimedia presentation, review of real life incidents, syndicate exercises, group participation and discussion.
Duration: 2 days (twelve hours)
Individuals can book on to our pre-scheduled courses
The HSE require the employer to have suitably qualified first aiders available to their workforce at all times. For example, there should be at least one fully trained First Aider for every 50 people in an office environment. Such a person must have attended an HSE recognised First Aid at Work course and then continue to update their skills every three years. This course contains the theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid at Work:
- Communication and responsibilities in an emergency
- Basic life support
- Recognition and treatment of shock
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Identifying wounds and control of bleeding
- Recognition and management of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Management of burns and scalds
- Recognition of illnes
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Treatment of eye injuries
- Treatment for poisons
- Transport of casualty
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds
- Contents of a First Aid box and its use
- Purchasing First Aid supplies
- Simple record keeping and personal hygiene in treating wounds
Aims & Objectives:
To give an understanding of the essentials of Life Support and First Aid necessary in the initial overall management of casualties, and pre hospital care situations.
Certificate of attendance will be issued upon request.